Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hunt on for 'opera-singing' parrot missing in Brooklyn



Maybe he’s flying to Lincoln Center for his big chance.

A parrot with a “huge vocabulary” who “loves to sing opera” has flown the coop and his heartbroken owner is desperately searching the streets of Brooklyn looking for his 25-year-old pet.

The green and yellow Amazon parrot named “Captain” flew off the shoulder of his owner, Allen Kirson, as the two were biking along Ocean Parkway in Kensington the day after Thanksgiving.

“I was on my way to see my friend and he sat perched on my shoulder as usual,” Kirson said.

“After several blocks I realized that he was no longer on my shoulder. I retraced my steps, but he was gone.’’

He’s afraid Captain is hiding in someone’s back yard where he could be attacked by a cat.

Captain is no ordinary parrot.

The exotic bird is so talented he’s performed at senior citizens homes and children’s hospitals.

His wings are clipped, so he can’t fly very far.

But he can climb trees.

“He’s a part of the family,” said Kirson’s ex-wife, Roberta Klein, who shares custody of the bird.

“He talks, sings and dances. He has a huge vocabulary and loves to sing opera songs.’’

Anyone who finds the bird is asked to call (347) 350-5914.

No comments:

Post a Comment