Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Alec Baldwin's accused stalker slapped with 20 new harassment charges

Genevieve Sabourin, Canadian actress and model accused of stalking star Alec Baldwin

NEW YORK — A US judge said Thursday he will rule in September on an attempt by a Canadian actress to have stalking charges lodged by Hollywood star Alec Baldwin thrown out of court.

Manhattan prosecutors have hit Alec Baldwin's perky blonde alleged stalker with 20 new harassment counts, according to papers filed in Manhattan today.

The prosecutorial pile-on against love-lorn Genevieve Sabourin is for newly unearthed emails in which the French Canadian actress grovels, begs, and even threatens to launch "a massive destructive war" to win the newly-married Baldwin's affections.

Baldwin has insisted that he only ever took Sabourin for dinner, as a favor for a mutual friend. Sabourin has countered that the relationship got physical, and that their "dinner" included seeing a show together and Baldwin accompanying her back to her hotel.

"On March 20, 2012, I received approximately ten emails from the defendant," Baldwin says in a signed affidavit supporting the new misdemeanor complaint.

In one, Sabourin said, "that I should call the FBI and tell the FBI that tomorrow the defendant would e in front of my office building, my apartment building, the place of employment of my then fiancee (current wife) and several other places where I often go," Baldwin alleges, referring to his yoga instructor wife, Hilaria.

"The defendant sent me another email with the subject line "Defcon 1," the 30 Rock star also said. "The defendant said in words or substance that she was going to start a "massive destructive war" with me …

She also said that she would find me no matter what it cost her.

"She said that I could call the FBI and have her put in jail, or I could call her and speak to her," Baldwin said. "She told me if I did not have an conversation with her it would mean "war" and that she was "ready for it" and asked if I wanted to have this happen in a "non-control[led] place and time at any given moment like a bad surprise."

Defense lawyer Maurice Sercarz said he would have no comment on the new charges "Until the DA produces the emails that they are talking about."

Sercarz has also asked prosecutors in separately filed motions to turn over, "All correspondence between Mr. Baldwin and the defendant regarding plans for Mr. Baldwin to invite Ms. Sabourin to his home in the Hamptons or other locations in the New York area."

"It's costing me a lot of money! It's not fair!" she cried outside court, referring to the expense of repeated trips to New York for court appearances. She also complained she is being hounded by the Canadian press, who have pursued her for comment when Baldwin married recently and every time he has had a run in with a photographer.

"I can't comment," on Baldwin, she told reporters today. "But I wish to everyone to have a man in their life and be happy -- I will say that."

She has been excused from appearing at her next court date, September 19.

Baldwin had met Sabourin in 2002, on the set of the Eddie Murphy movie "The Adventures of Pluto Nash," for which Balwin had a small role and she was a publicist.

He took her to dinner eight years later just to give her career advice, he insisted in the original criminal complaint -- language no longer in the revised complaint.

By LAURA ITALIANO - NY POST

No comments:

Post a Comment