Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

An Open Letter To God For Yom Kippur


This morning I found myself looking at G-d with tears in my eyes as I start to reflect on my year.
Life is hard, it really isn’t easy, I shed a tear as I start to prepare for the holiest day of Yom Kippur I reflect on some of the Davening.
Hashem, you know all my inner secrets, you know me better than I know myself, I can’t hide anything from you, you know all my struggles, my fears, my intentions, my fears, where I am spiritually and emotionally at all times.
You know how I want more than anything in the world to be true, sincere, divine, loving, and to accomplish my mission in this world.
Hashem, please have Mercy on me, I’m so blessed to have you on my team, to have you guide my every move, to have you give me the strength to do the things that others can’t, but even with all this, sometimes these tests are hard for me too.
I know you love me and truth be told I love you too.
But it’s at this time that I ask you, to forgive me for my past.
I know you are listening as you always do. So as today is Erev Yom Kippur, I ask you to please show me the way.
Please give me the strength to make people happy, to help people in their trying times of need, to put smiles on people’s faces, to continue to save lives and give honor to those who have passed on.
I ask you to please grant me this year a year of happiness, strength, success, Parnassah, clarity, Love, wisdom, to be true, sincere, divine, loving, and to accomplish my mission in this world and anything else you grant me I will accept, whether good or as I perceive as bad.
Please let me finish this Yom Kippur seeing the core of who I am, with a clearer vision of me and my true capabilities.
May I be blessed and sealed in the book of life to have an amazing year.
Wishing all my friends, family and all of Klal Yisrael an easy fast and meaningful prayers.
With love,
Joe Levin

No comments:

Post a Comment